5 Great Books to Teach Children Healthy Brushing Habits
1. Brush, Brush, Brush! (Rookie Toddler): This book by Alicia Padron is for children age 1 and up. It helps even the littlest kids learn the importance of brushing. Part of a series of Rookie Toddler books, Brush, Brush, Brush! helps children learn why and how to brush using interactive text, fun rhymes, and colorful pictures kids can relate to.
2. Brush Your Teeth, Please: A Pop-up Book: This fun story by Leslie Mcguire and Jean Pidgeon follows different animals and their dental hygiene habits. From a chimp that brushes back and forth, to a bear that brushes up and down, to a shark that flosses daily, children can follow along with their favorite animals in this fun pop-up adventure.
3. Brushing Teeth with Mr. Polish and Mr. Pasty: L.A. Baruch’s book follows the story of a young boy named Marvin who didn’t like to brush his teeth and his journey to learning about and appreciating proper dental hygiene. Many children can relate to this story, so it’s a good one to have around!
4. Emma and the Tooth Fairy: By Alexander Zaslavsky, this story follows a beautiful young girl who has a happy life and enjoys just about everything around her. The only thing she doesn’t like, however, is brushing her teeth. Kids can relate to Emma’s dislikes and learn her lessons along with her.
5. Clarabelle’s Teeth: An Vrombaut’s book follows a lovely crocodile that has to miss out on fun activities because she’s too busy brushing her many teeth! When her friends find a solution for her to brush her teeth carefully without it taking the whole day, Clarabelle is able to have both fun and a healthy smile. This story helps teach children the importance of carefully brushing their teeth.
With these books to encourage your children, they’ll be building the habit before you know it.
(all images from Amazon.com)