Having a great smile does more than just keep your mouth healthy and happy, it can help you be more social as well! Here are 5 ways a healthy smile helps your social life.
1. One of the more embarrassing social situations is spending time at a party, only to walk into a bathroom and discover that a piece of food has been in your teeth for the past hour! Carry floss and always make sure to check your teeth after eating, especially with food that can be caught between them. Not only will this give you a better smile immediately, but it can also help ensure that you have a healthy smile for longer.
2. You don’t want to make anyone stay away from you because of bad smelling breath. Many people think mouthwash is the clear way to get rid of bad breath, but sometimes that may only mask the real cause, and not get rid of it. Use a tongue scraper to ensure that germs and bacteria which cause bad breath are gone for good, and you won’t have to fear an embarrassing close encounter.
3. Oral pain can be excruciating and lead to you missing out on social events because you are in too much pain to attend. You should be able to prevent many causes of toothaches through proper dental hygiene, yet that is not always enough. If you experience extreme tooth pain or sensitivity, go to your dentist to make sure you don’t have a cavity, gingivitis, or other issues that may need fixing.
4. There is nothing like a naturally perfect smile, but that is simply not realistic for everyone - even for those who floss and brush two times a day. If your smile isn’t perfectly straight, this could make you feel self-conscious about smiling for pictures and around others. Invisalign is a great treatment that will help align your teeth without ever distracting from your healthy smile that you already have.
5. What’s worse for your confidence that a smile with missing or cracked teeth? You shouldn’t feel bad about your smile because of chipped or damaged tooth. Get it fixed with a CEREC crown that will make your smile look even better and healthier than before!