Here are 5 ways that you are losing money, and how to stop wasting it.
1. Not using the two dental visits you pay for. Two dentist checkups a year are standard for dental insurance, meaning that you are paying for them whether you use them or not. Why throw this money away that you pay for already? And when you skip out on these checkups, you may be causing even more harm to your teeth that will cost you money in the long run.
2. Emergency dental visits. Taking poor care of your teeth can lead to emergency dental visits due to pain and decay, and these trips can be expensive. Prevent these visits by using tip #1 and nipping issues in the bud with your two visits a year. Regardless of the reason for your emergency dental visit, it will also help to make sure that you and your family have a plan for where to go when a dental emergency occurs. You do not want to be wasting money by paying out of pocket through a dentist that does not take your insurance.
3. Not flossing. Every day, you have a chance to save money simply by flossing. Flossing prevents tooth decay and gingivitis, saving you expensive trips to the dentist.
4. Forgetting to wear a retainer after braces or Invisalign. When you get your teeth realigned through braces or Invisalign, your teeth will not necessarily stay there permanently. Orthodontists and dentists recommend that you keep using a nighttime retainer frequently for this reason. If you do not, you could be throwing away hard earned money that you spent on the treatment in the first place.
5. Chewing gum with sealants on your teeth. Sealants are meant to help prevent cavities in your teeth. But they can be dislodged. If you chew gum and are not careful, you could end up losing the sealants too. And when this happens, you are putting your teeth at further danger of getting cavities.
If you want to stop throwing away money because of oral health neglect, or to learn more about how to better care for your teeth, contact Serenity Dental today.