Instead of making difficult to achieve or overly generic resolutions, make resolutions that will get your mouth healthy, which will help you all year long.
1. Brush your teeth twice a day every day for 2 minutes. Making it a habit to brush your teeth twice a day for the recommended amount of time is the least you could do to make sure that you do not end up with cavities, gum disease, or other health issues. And once you start consistently brushing, it will quickly become part of your daily routine. This is an easy and essential New Year’s Resolution that you can master.
2. Floss your teeth once a day. Although brushing is clearly important, flossing reaches plaque in spots a toothbrush can’t. If you are already a consistent brusher but do not floss enough, make that your New Year’s Resolution. Your gums will thank you.
3. Use your two dental check-ups a year. If you don’t already know, part of any dental insurance plan is two dental check-ups. If you do not already use them, you should resolve to schedule your first one immediately. This kind of preventative care will lead to less issues in the future.
4. Wear your mouth guard. Sports players should resolve to use mouth guards as often as any other type of safety equipment. Neglecting to wear a mouth guard can damage your teeth, gums, and even tongue. But if you don’t like the way that your mouth guard fits, you can call Serenity Dental to get fitted with a custom-made mouth guard that will feel comfortable and give you great protection!
5. Get that cosmetic dental procedure you have been procrastinating on. Have you been avoiding oral issues, like a chipped tooth or misaligned teeth? Your New Year’s Resolution should be to finally go to the dentist and get it taken care of. Cosmetic dentistry can make you more proud of your teeth and your smile, which will boost your self-esteem.
Serenity Dental offers plenty of amenities to make you feel welcome and comfortable while you are there for any appointment or procedure. Make 2017 the year you finally get your oral health in check!