Dental implants are a revolutionary tooth-replacement option for patients missing teeth. Whether you’re missing one tooth or several, dental implants can restore speech, chewing ability, and self-confidence. Our Doctor and the Serenity Dental team are proud to offer complete implant care from our Rocklin dental office.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a titanium post placed in the upper or lower jaw. The bone tissue grows around the implant, which creates an ideal foundation for animplant crown, bridge, or denture. Dental implants function like tooth roots, holding the tooth’s crown in place by anchoring to the jaw bone.
Why replace missing teeth?
Missing teeth can be caused by periodontal disease, years of deterioration, or by an accident or injury. It’s important to replace missing teeth as soon as possible to retain chewing function, as well as preserve facial shape and structure. Leaving gaps in a smile can also cause other teeth to drift or tilt, which can lead to headaches and TMJ disorder and increase your susceptibility to tooth decay and gum disease. Ultimately, replacing a missing tooth will reduce the chances of more teeth falling out in the long run.
Why choose dental implants?
Dental implants are the latest technology for replacing missing teeth, and they represent several benefits over traditional methods, including:
- Strength – Because the implant is integrated with your bone tissue, you can rely on them for strength and durability.
- Independence – Implants do not rely on healthy teeth for support like bridges and partials.
- Longevity – In many cases, implants will last a patient for a lifetime.
- Maintenance – Dental implants are not susceptible to decay like traditional bridges, although they should be brushed and flossed regularly for long-term success.
- Appearance – Using all-white materials, Our Doctor can create implant-supported teeth that look extremely natural.
- Preservation – When a tooth root falls out, the bone tissue normally deteriorates, but with dental implants, the root is replaced, so the jaw bone stays intact.
The Serenity Dental staff in Rocklin, CA can provide quality Dental Implants that can restore optimum oral health and provide confidence and hope to those who have suffered tooth loss.
Am I a candidate for dental implants?
Our Doctor will need to examine your oral health and medical history to determine if you’re a good candidate. Call to schedule an evaluation and learn if dental implants are right for you, whether you’re replacing a single missing tooth or would like a more snug-fitting denture.
In general, a dental implant candidate has:
- Enough bone to anchor implants in the jaw
- A commitment to take care of the dental implant(s) and surrounding gums
- Overall good health
- Healthy gums
Begin the dental implant procedure by making an appointment with Serenity Dental. We’ll begin by taking X-rays to determine bone density and jaw shape. Doctor places the implants at our Rocklin dental office, so you won’t need a referral to a specialist for any phase of your implant care. After the implant and the bone tissue have fused (which can take from 3 to 6 months), Doctor also places the final tooth restoration, i.e. your crown, bridge, or implant-retained denture.